Been without power for days

Status
Not open for further replies.

leighmck

Hi all - It's me...Petunia's mom. We had a super bad storm hit VA on Friday night and we lost power and just got it back tonite. (was supposed to be as long as this Saturday).

Anyway.....I was sooo worred about Petunia becuase I only had her about a week and a half when this happened. I was afriad she would die without her lights etc.

Thankfully, she seems to have gotten thru it all well and I hope she has no long term effects from this. Has anyone ever lost power for days and did their dragon end up with any long term effects from no lighting or heat??

dylanravenj

Sub-Adult Member
I lost power for a week last summer due to a hurricane. I stayed outside with Trey daily for hours and luckily he ended up okay as well :D

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
i am in VA ... SAME issue, BUT luckily our power came back after a day. oh man i feel for ya BIG TIME ... Blue did fine, i was worried about the heat at night, but my street was VERY LUCKY ... the next streets over were not so lucky ... it was a HELLUVA STORM. Where about in VA are you? im in the Valley, Augusta County. im REALLLY glad you finally got your power back, very happy for you. i know one big section of our town is STILL without power. Glad Petunia held up well that is a relief for you!!! whew!!
~Emily

leighmck

Original Poster
Hey Emily - I am in the Lynchburg area. Lots of the people in my area arent due to get power back until Saturday night. We were very fortunate that ours came back last night. Glad you made out ok your way. Crazy wicked storm for sure!

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
oh wow ... i went to Lynchburg College, very familiar with that city :) :)
YES it was a craaaaaaaaazy storm, man, the damage around here has been UNREAL to look at. Glad you got your power back on WOW i am glad you did, you went a long time without ... HOT HOT HOT! its so sad that so many people are still without power or water if the are running on wells :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toothadash
Top Bottom