Bed time and wakeup time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bella12898

Hatchling Member
Our lizard Bindi ( we finally decided on a name) lights go off at about 6 then we keep the rEd light on all night cuz our house gets cold and then she wakes up at 5 I think idk I wouldn't know I sleep till noon ha ha but it's around 5. When d o UR beardies slep and wake uP Andddd how much sleep do they need

BeardieGrandma

Juvie Member
Hi,

I don't know how old your baby is, but dragons need darkness at night to sleep in - red or colored lights typically intefere with their sleep. If you house is going below 65-68 degrees at night, then consider a heating pad (stuck to the side, not the bottom) or a ceramic heat emitter that doesn't give off any light during sleep time. Otherwise, if you are at or above 68, you should be fine w/o anything. Mine has a heating pad stuck to the back of the tank that kicks on at night and keeps her tank at 72 on the warm side and 68 on the cool side. Her lights turn on in the am at 5:15 and shut off in the evening at 7:15 pm.

Most folks say in the summer it's 14 hours on, 10 hours dark, winter, scale back to 12 on and 12 off.

mellu

Juvie Member
My beardies have their ways of telling me when they are tired, Mika hides under her basking spot and digs, Lagu's arms relax and he lays against his rock with his chest and Kira goes to her bed or starts snoozing in her hammock. Then they all get snuggled and tucked away, their lights go on at 8 am. They are usually all in bed by 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom