Bed bug treatment with bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizdragon

Hatchling Member
Hey. Has anyone ever dealt with getting rid of bed bugs while having a bearded dragon? Unfortunately I'm being bitten by something so I'm having someone inspect my apartment tomorrow. If they do find evidence of BBs, they will likely need to treat my apartment with a spray. Has anyone had this done and was it safe for your bearded dragon? I plan to remove my bearded dragon while they're spraying but I just wonder about the after effects. Thanks everyone.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I haven't had it done but I think you should probably take your beardie out. From what I've read they use very high heat pumped in to the rooms to kill the bugs so your enclosure could stay but all pets + feeder insects would need to be taken out so the heat doesn't kill them.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you have the option, elect for a heat treatment as opposed to the chemical spray. The heat treatment is much more effective, but of course, you're still going to need to remove your dragon while the treatment is happening.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom