beardy seeming lethargic

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 1.5 year old male bearded dragon and he normally is very alert and happy. he runs the glass of his cage when he wants to come out and run around, and when i let him out he loves it and explores the whole house, also he usually eats a pretty decent amount.
we just moved into a new house and ever since then he seems really lazy and lethargic. he eats his large king worms and bananas only now because he doesn't want anything else. i try giving him greens, watermelon, and roaches (which he normally loves) and he just shows no interest. i let him out to run around the new house and he ran to a corner and laid there flat with his head in the corner. i even let him outside to run and he just sat there. all he does in his cage too is lay there. is this normal???? I'm worried :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That can be normal behavior, yes, when relocating. Even if he is in his same tank, his surroundings have changed & they are very observant.
I think it will just take him a little while to adjust. Is there a large window that he can see out that birds may be scaring him, etc or a ceiling fan that may be affecting him?
Is he displaying a black beard or aggressive behavior or just lethargic behavior?
At least he is still eating some, that is good he hasn't completely stopped eating.

Give him a little more time to get used to a new home & let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom