beardy not laying her eggs?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, my bearded dragon is heavily pregnant with her second clutch. First clutch was layed without any problems, but this time around she dug a hole ready to lay but then abandonned it. I left it for a while just to see if she would lay them but 3 days on there was no progress, so i added some more sand and soil to the mound (its now over 1.5 ft deep). its now been a couple of days and shes still not layed anything!?
she seems really restless and keeps trying to get out of the vivarium-is she looking for somewhere else to lay?
could it be that its too cold for her to lay- shes in the garage with a 100watt bulb but temperatures outside have been -9 over the past few days? im getting worried that she might become egg bound if she doesnt lay them soon- please help if you have any advice!

cheers :)

LJean

Extreme Poster
I don't know anything about their laying clutches but I would guess it couldn't hurt to warm up the tank a bit more. What are the temps in ther now? Is she well hydrated?

sarahjones

Original Poster
shes well hydrated but its only about 90 in there at the moment. its normally over 100 but the cold weathers brought the temp down. do you reckon a 150 watt bulb would bring the tempurature back up to normal?

HowlinGaleDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Retired Moderator
Have you tried warm baths and rubbing her belly gently? Also a little liquid calcium may help her energy levels is she eating at all or drinking? She also needs to be in the House where it's warm and draft free

sarahjones

Original Poster
HowlinGaleDragon":0cfec said:
Have you tried warm baths and rubbing her belly gently? Also a little liquid calcium may help her energy levels is she eating at all or drinking? She also needs to be in the House where it's warm and draft free

Thanks for your advice :D
Shes eating and drinking ok. I've not tried giving her a bath because i was worried it would stress her out more, but il definatly give it a go if you think it'll help.

LJean

Extreme Poster
It would scare me to give her a bath and massage too, LOL Good luck with it.
I sure hope there aren't any eggs from Calypso. Not sure I could handle the stress, LOL

sarahjones

Original Poster
just to let everyone know rosie layed 22 eggs last night, meaning i'm now incubating a total of 46 eggs! all 24 of the eggs from the first clutch are developing well so hopefully these will be just as succesfull :D thanks alot for your advice!

this is my first time breeding dragons, so i was just wondering what the hatch/survival rate is roughly? and at what age is it best to sell them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom