BEARDY JUST LAID EGGS! HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quirkyalice

My bearded dragon has just laid eggs. She lives with a male, both are just over one year old. I have no idea what I should do. I just went downstairs and there they were - ontop of the sand in the tank.

What should I do with the eggs?????

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dnrtn2342

Well, first of all separate the dragons asap. Otherwise you will be dealing with this constantly. He will keep trying to breed her and possibly harm her. Next, make sure that you give her a nice bath several times in following days and increase her calcium daily to try and recoupe. If you are not prepared to house the eggs then freeze them and throw em out but be advised that she can do this several more times due to stored sperm. IMO I would take her to the vet for a check especially for her being so young. This is just what I know you can pm the wolfmantom with tnddragons and he might be able to help you out more. Good luck with her.

I agree with the above poster. But if you have any friends or family that have beardies you could ask them if they would be interested in caring for and hatching the eggs. Or you could even do it. THere are some good sites out there that have detailed instructions on what to do with the eggs and how to care for the hatchlings. Then you could keep some/all of them or sell them and make some money. Or you could dispose of some of the eggs and just hatch one. You can do whatever you'd like.

DragonsNDoodles

Juvie Member
I disagree with the above poster on one point- you will NOT make money by breeding dragons if you aren't breeding the highest quality dragons with known genetics, and it's more than a one time thing. You will have to buy an incubator, 10-20 enclosures, 10-20 basking lights and lamps, 5-10 UVB tubes, and 20,000-50,000 crickets per week.

So I would freeze and throw away the eggs, and focus on the female dragon. She does need to be separated from the male ASAP especially since she is so young. Move the male into a new tank, not the female since she is probably already really stressed. Give her extra calcium and extra food. The male and female should never be housed together or even come in contact with one another unless you are ready for eggs!

I hope she isn't damaged from having eggs so young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom