Beardy has diarrhea, should I give him Acidophiliz+???

Status
Not open for further replies.

maco

Ive noticed that my beardy hasnt pooped lately, but hes eating normal. today he ate his silkworms, and then I bathed him, after his bath I noticed he had pooped and it was very watery and lose. I was wondering if I cana give him Acidophiliz+ to help him out. If not what else can I give him to help him out? He gets his mixed greens (collard greens and some squash, and mustard greens) in the morning, and silkworms at night. temps normal.

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
Giving him acidophiliz+ will not stop the loose stools as long as you are feeding your beardie silkies. Silkies has no chitin so diarrhea is very common. I recommend feeding a feeder with chitin with silkies so the poop is not so runny.

Tatty

Juvie Member
Silkies can promote diarrhea. Cut back on the amount. Also, you should probably take him to a good reptile vet for a wellness exam. Make sure he doesn't have parasites in his feces.

Good Luck
Tatty

whiskersmom

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I agree with all that was said above but wanted to add that Acidophiliz+ wouldn't hurt either! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom