beardy experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldhearted

Hatchling Member
My shiva hasnt been at the top of her health lately. She hasnt pooped in over a week despite many efforts to massage her in warm baths and keep her viv temps up. I can understand then why she isnt very hungry since she is all backed up. I still get her to eat baby food and try to give her as much fluids as possible. She hasnt much energy she sits away from her basking spot alot. But when i take her out of her viv she is more active. just no poo!! :p

I took her to the vet where they examined her and got her xrays. The doc sent it out to get more opinions on what to do next. :( She is a yr and a half so she will be old enough to become gravid. He said he didnt see any eggs in the film. The right side of her belly has a lump and i know its from all the waste she hasnt passed. She is a tough one that has gotten through parasites. I hope she gets through this alright.

any other advice would be great...something to help her loosen up that lump.

coldhearted

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah I've tried a few drops of olive oil and some apple sauce baby food. Nothing :(
So now its just hydrate her till something happens. i hope she poops soon.

coldhearted

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well something happened. not much came out but its a start!

it was mostly urate this time. :) got more water in her. i hope tomorrow when im off i can get her to pass enough for a fecal sample. make sure its not parasites again.

my1stBD

Juvie Member
Try some canned pumpkin, it works like a charm. My beardie didnt poop for 25 days and massages / soaks / oil helped 0%, 1 dose of canned pumpkin and she went.

Also keep in mind that apples are an appetite supressant for dragons, so dont feed to much, she may end up losing her appetite

coldhearted

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
canned pumpkin thank you for that idea. she has pooped very small amounts but not the lump. its her lack of eating that makes me worry. ill get her to lick some baby food off her lips. ive been sticking to mango because that seems to get her more interested, but i know its far from enough food for a healthy diet. my vet suggested having to force feed her. IMO what good would that do other then stress her out more so. upstate ny.......i swear

on top of that the other two girls are showing those spring fever signs. restless and making a joke of any attempt for cleaning the cage. thinking of making dig boxes...out of what im not sure yet

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What is her size and weight ? Also, what does she usually eat ? Does she eat veggies or mainly insects ?

coldhearted

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well its been a while since i last posted. Shiva has pooped but only in the bath and it was very little amount. I took it to get tested. she tests positive for pinworms poor girl.

I started to give her critical care because the food i could manage to get her to eat wasnt enough to sustain her. I took her to get weighed so that i could get the correct dosage for her deworming treatment. she gained weight since her last time at the vet yay. she is now 580 grams she is 2 years old and i havent measured her tip to tip in a while.

so the vet gave me panacur. on the bottle it says .14ml once every 2 weeks till pinworms are cleared up.
i also bought reptaid to help her through this.

i have her weight and can now be confident with dosage , i hope the pinworms are taken care of soon so i can have her back to her happy self.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Try getting her out in the sun [ supervised] a few days a week. Sometimes the sheer excitement causes a bowel movement [ LOL ! ] Sorry to hear about the pinworms...at least she has a lot of weight on her. If she is under 20 inches, she could stand to lose some weight. I would only feed her twice a week, dusted with vit. once, calcium twice, and try to give mostly veggies. Of course, she should always have something she enjoys once a week...horn worms, supers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom