beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

devyn123

hey im a fairly new bearded dragon owner i got a dragon about two mo tha ago and i loved it me and my girlfriend decided to get her a friend their opposite sex and they get along great one is about 6 months the other 4 the girl is older and bigger. i was wondering if it is okay to permadently house them together as long as they get along. will i need two heat lamps and uv lamps? theirs enough room for both of them under basking spot without covering eachother thanks for any advice

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
You should separate them. Better safe than sorry. Dragons are solitary and fights can happen. Plus one will dominate the other in some way and thereby stress the subordinate one.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, they should be kept in separate enclosures. Especially since they are opposite gender.

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
If there is a pretty decent size difference, you will almost definitely have the bigger one bullying the little one.
And like Cooper said, you don't want to keep a male and female together. Don't want to have babies all the time. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom