Beardies won't open eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreusz2

We have two Juvies that are about 8 months old. 2 days ago they were very active, as we have slowly been introducing them to each other, then suddenly yesterday both have stopped coming out from hides and won't open their eyes. I have read that most beardies under a year don't brumate, are they just a head of the curve or is there something else wrong?
Tank Specks: 40 gallon breeder with a UVB coil bulb in the middle and a white light over the basking spot. the basking temp ranges from 95-105 and the cool side of the tank is 75-80.

quigleysmom

Juvie Member
I am sorry to tell you it is most likely the coil bulbs. They have a bad reputation for causing eye problems and even blindness along with other health problems. Everyone on here recomends the Reptisun 10.0 as the best tube light. My larger dragon is using a Megaray MVB. I would change out the coil asap. There are several online places to get it from. I got mine from amazon with free shipping. Petmountain.com is another place, but they can take a while to get it out to you.

Fallencomrade2008

Juvie Member
The lights are the problem, they are famous for it. Reptisun 10.0 is the one that you want to get going. I got mine on amazon too.

Another thing you need to look in to is that beardies should not be housed together, they are territorial by nature and one will dominate the other causeing issues if not fight each other and cause major injurys. I have seen arms bitten off before because people didn't know what they were doing, i myself didn't use to know what i was doing but solved all my issues thanks to this site..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom