Beardies toilet area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbradford

My viv is quite big and I have noticed that my beardies only pooh in the one corner furthest from their sleeping cave.
They have basically always done this and I was interested to to know if anyone else has noticed this kind of behaviour as well?

my1stBD

Juvie Member
I wish i was so lucky ............. mine goes whenever and wherever she wants LOL
But i have heard some fortunate lucky people having similar situations

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
No such luck with mine. Twice now he's gone in his veggies dish with a full plate...and this coming from a dragon who loves his turnip greens

Lauram63110

Juvie Member
Like a bunch of other people, mine is "toilet trained". He takes a bath every day and goes in the bath. This is not a hard thing to get them used to and they will do it. It really helps keep the viv clean. Sounds like yours would be great candidates, since they are already halfway there. Lizzy hates being in his viv with poop! I didnt know they were so trainable, but they are! Lizzy trained easier than my dog; how's that for a cool pet? :wink:

lilgreeneyes

Juvie Member
Yoshi will poo away from his cave. Sometimes he will poo in the dish after he's done eating his worms. And sometimes he will go in the bath. We try to clean his viv every 2 days, so during the non cleaning days, we try to get the poo out of there so Yoshi doesn't have to be around it.

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
I've only had my little guy for four days, but he always seems so upset when he poos. Today he was standing by his food dish, and then all of the sudden got very dark, pooped and then bolted to the other side of the viv. Then he just stood there staring at me looking very nervous until I was done cleaning it up. Then he went back to his salad. Do you think his previous owner could have traumatized him?

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
lol, my beardie likes to poop squat in the middle of his basking spot... every time. It's gotten so predictable that I put a paper towel down every morning for him to go on then just take it out when he's finished his duty :p Can't complain ;)

mbradford

Original Poster
AtlasStrike":16efh9fe said:
I've only had my little guy for four days, but he always seems so upset when he poos. Today he was standing by his food dish, and then all of the sudden got very dark, pooped and then bolted to the other side of the viv. Then he just stood there staring at me looking very nervous until I was done cleaning it up. Then he went back to his salad. Do you think his previous owner could have traumatized him?

No, they just don't like their pooh. (Smelly stuff!) They'll leave it for us slaves to sort out.

mbradford

Original Poster
kjinxx2":4m33bf4u said:
lol, my beardie likes to poop squat in the middle of his basking spot... every time. It's gotten so predictable that I put a paper towel down every morning for him to go on then just take it out when he's finished his duty :p Can't complain ;)
Very considerate creatures these Bearded dragons! Reducing the workload on the minions.

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
Buddy's pretty much trained to poop in the bath. Lucky me =] But occasionally in the tank... in the food dish. Everytime. So either bath tub or food dish lol

Quick Question: Is it normal for the poop to look like mealworm skin? Its happened a few times.. Like the poo will break open rarely and looks like mealworm skins all broken up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete5775
Top Bottom