beardies not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody we recently purchased 2 beardies. They are both males and have their own tanks. we have handled them and everything is cool with that but they wont eat? we have had them four days and so far 1 of our boys has eaten 2 crickets and the other has eaten some veg but that is all. we have tried them with locusts(big and small ones), crickets and given them fresh veg and fruit each day. they are supposed to be around 9 months old each. both have done the toilet. can anyone suggest any solutions please?

nursejones813

Juvie Member
They may be adjusting. Sometimes it takes a week or so to adjust. Also, can they see each other? Sometimes that is an issue as well.

biggjamal80

Original Poster
Thanx for replying. at first we had them both in the same room but have today put them into separate rooms. Hoping this will help but not sure as we are new to all this. Just worried about them at the moment. We will keep trying them. We just want to make sure we are caring for them properly.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you walk us through their setups? (Tank sizes, substrate, temperatures, lighting etc) I'll be glad to have a look and see if anything stands out to me as a possible issue.

biggjamal80

Original Poster
I will post pics of their tanks and explain them today or tomorrow. Do you have an email addy i could email them too? mine is [email protected] If you dont want to post your email addy here you can send me an email and ill reply with the pics from my phone's email setup as i know how to do that. Also i have dandelions growing in my garden(i dont use any pesticides or anything, they are just growing wild.) Would it be ok to wash and feed them to the beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom