Beardies not burmating

Status
Not open for further replies.

zabeardie

Hatchling Member
Hello again,
I have two two-and-a-half year old bearded dragons, but neither of them have ever burmated. Is this normal? I have looked on a variety of websites that say that your beardie should burmate when they are about 1 year old; Is this true?
I am also wondering what the signs are for burmating. I looked it up but no sites say any signs, they just say "your bearded dragon will burmate when he/she is about one year old". Is there anything I can do to make sure they are healthy?

Thanks,

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Not brumating isn't a bad thing, don't worry. Dragons usually do it in the wild, during winter when it's cold and food is scarce. Since our pet beardies are not in the wild and they have plentiful food and nice warm vivs, some might still feel the instinct to brumate and some might not. :)

This article should help if you haven't seen it already. It's awesome! http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/brumation/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom