beardies in terible conditions at pet store, Who do I tell??

Status
Not open for further replies.

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
There is a small local pet store by me. (nj)They have 3 adult dragons who clearly starving and boney. and have mbd and no uvb lights. they also have teeny tiny like 3 inch dragons for sale, all on play sand. one was limp. none of them had water. they also had teeny tiny babyold blue tongue skink, whos water dish was like 4 inches off the ground so it couldnt get anything to drink. All 3 old the adult beardies were in 15 gallon tanks. WHAT CAN I DO ?????

lilStewie

Call the ASPCA, they should do something about it. If not stand out in front of the store and tell everyone walking inside not to shop there. Talk to the manager. We have a responsibilty to correct problems because we love these animals and we always have to see this.

darkcirca

Hatchling Member
^^^^ I agree with the above. I'd start by trying to talk to the manager. If that doesn't go well, call your local ASPCA. They will generally step in and take action. Also, if he/she doesn't listen, you can mention you will be making a call to the ASPCA. This may get him/her to listen.

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
Original Poster
But would the spca even notice those things??? like uvd and substrate? Dont they usually just know about dogs and cats.

darkcirca

Hatchling Member
scalesandtales":b4286 said:
But would the spca even notice those things??? like uvd and substrate? Dont they usually just know about dogs and cats.

You'd have to tell them what condition they are in and what they should be in probably, and you could meet them there to show them. They will look into exotics that are improperly cared for. There have been many instances that come up, usually with iguanas.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
scalesandtales":81109 said:

Yeah there was a post up recently about someone who got the ASPCA involved and they went to the store and really got involved. It would definitely be worth it to do so. Whereabouts in NJ?

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I live at the Jersey Shore. the store is called Mikes Pet Store in Neptune NJ. You should go rescue the adults, they are in 15 gallon tanks with no uvb, in sand, and no heat lamp. All the adults are skinny and look soooo depressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom