Beardies Do Not Like Baths

Status
Not open for further replies.

anamlgrl

Hatchling Member
Hi all. We have had our beardies for about 6 weeks now. Two of them came to us as babies & the other was a rescue. We try to give them a bath 3 times a week. None of them seem to like it. They either freeze or scamper to get out. Is this common? Any suggestions on what we can do to get them to enjoy their bath time?

Below is a few pic of our rescue Atticus. He is pretty skittish still and a little aggressive, but with patience & time I am sure he will be a snuggle bug soon enough. The other two (Jasper & KiKi) seem to hide when we get the camera out.

_DSC0055.jpg

_DSC00061.jpg

lizbeth5655

Hatchling Member
Beardies dont usually have water available to them like a bathtub. try using a small tupperware container or even a sink. This will allow for less space and for the beardie to feel more comfortable. if they have too much space they freak out. make sure the water is nukewarm maybe a little warmer. I have to lay a washcloth down or mine wont even go near the water.
Hope this helps

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
my little one was like that for a while, but when he shed he was rubbing on everything in the rubber tub and decided he loves it, now he trys to swim in the water and it gets cold before he will let me get him out, just takes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom