Beardie won't stop glass-surfing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquilist

Hello!
I've had my beardie around 9 months now - he's around 11 months old.
He's in great health, super active, fed calcium dusted dubias once-twice a day. He has perfect lighting, temps, humidity etc.

i let him out atleast once daily, he gets atleast 30 minutes out of his tank each day. Usually over an hour.
On nice days I put him in the outside enclosure.

Anyway, for a few weeks now he glass surfs very frequently. He aggresively scratches at the front perspex, and thumps against it.
I assume he wants out, but he seems to ALWAYS want out. Would he prefer more free range time?

His tank is huge 4footx2foot, so it's not that.

i can't seem to get him to stop.
Any tips?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there, are you 100% positive he is a male?

It could just be hormones. They tend to get really hormonal for a few weeks around this age.

If your husbandry is proper, that's what I'd attribute it to.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hormones --- is it a male or female? Mine has been doing the same hes a male for the last couple of weeks -- I bring him out for approx 2 hrs per day to sit on the back of a big chair to look outside - he will do that for like an hr or so then crawl down onto the seat behind a throw pillow and go to sleep - an hr later or so I will put him back in his tank and hes good ---- he too is in a 4x2x2 tank ---
Karrie

Aquilist

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2ob79pwe said:
Hormones --- is it a male or female? Mine has been doing the same hes a male for the last couple of weeks -- I bring him out for approx 2 hrs per day to sit on the back of a big chair to look outside - he will do that for like an hr or so then crawl down onto the seat behind a throw pillow and go to sleep - an hr later or so I will put him back in his tank and hes good ---- he too is in a 4x2x2 tank ---
Karrie

Thanks!
I'm 90% sure he's male.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you want to be 100% sure, post up an arched tail picture and we will confirm :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom