Beardie Won't Eat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter94

My beardie has been having some problems lately I got her 3-4 days ago and she seemed okay the first day I got her but the second day she threw up and had diarrhea. She won't eat anything and hasn't touched her veggies. She has a 40-50 gallon tank. Basking spot is aprox. 107-108 Degrees, UVB light is brand new its a 50 UVB T8 Florescent Bulb and the Basking bulb is Repta-Sun Full-Spectrum Neodymium Daylight Bulb substrate is Paper Towels for now it use to be crushed walnut she has a Hide Spot, Hot Rock, and 1 Branch. I know hot rocks are bad but she has had it for so long and nothing has gone wrong she doesn't have burns or anything also I don't wan't to take it out right now cause she loves it and it would just make her more upset but later on in the future I probably will. Anyway I think she has eggs in her cause she always seems tired plus I read some were on here that when there bearded dragon is ready to lay she doesn't eat or 2-3 days. First thing I'm going to do is go get sand and a bin so she can lay. But if you see anything else wrong please tell me.

(I also soaked her yesterday in water and pedialyte cause she threw up and I wanted to get the electrolytes back in her body going to give her another back with pedialyte in it today to.)

EDIT: Wen't to go check on her and some of the veggies were gone and she moved to the basking area. =)

hunter94

Original Poster
mickeysmomma":3nyqfs0o said:
I would say relocation stress.
Alright, thats what I thought the whole time but wasn't sure and I'm new with a beardie so its kind of stressing me out as well as scaring me. I just put some little pieces of mango in her dish so I hope she eats.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
please finda nother rock to replace her heat rock. She may learn to love the new rock as much. relocation stress is normal for up to 3 weeks I believe

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
munchkins9802":1vvhqmml said:
please finda nother rock to replace her heat rock. She may learn to love the new rock as much. relocation stress is normal for up to 3 weeks I believe
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom