Beardie won't eat

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my two beardies, Tim, has been eating either very little or nothing at all for several days. At first, when I would hold some greens (mustard greens lately) or a super king worm in front of him, he would eat a couple pieces, then refuse to take any more. The last couple days, though, he might take one worm, but that's it. He refuses to eat beyond that, and bobs his head at me when I try to get him to eat. His color is fine, hasn't shown any signs of beginning to shed in a week or so, and he seems normally active. Our other beardie, Miga, displays a healthy appetite for greens and worms.

Anyone have any ideas?

ScottandLai

Original Poster
Elora":ccd78 said:
Are they housed together?
How old are they?
Do you have a source of UV light?
They are housed together, yes. I hand feed them, ensuring they each have the opportunity to eat as they wish. I'll probably need to separate them before long.

They are about 7 months old.

They have a ZooMed PowerSun 100w UV bulb for the day, and a red heat lamp for the night.

cxerphax

Hatchling Member
You should really seperate them because at some point there going to fight or kill each other. You should feed them in seperate area and see if he eats then. Also you should not hand feed all the time because it is possible they can become spoiled and never eat or will seldom eat regularly without hand feeding. As for your light im not sure if its good or not maybe someone else can help ypu with that. If your dragon does not eat when you try to feed him seperately maybe he has an impaction. What kind of worms do you give. If its mealworms, they have a somewhat hard shell thats hard for them to digest and it sometimes causes impaction. I would go with crickets or roaches if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom