Beardie won't eat after surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegullaaimee

Beardie name(s)
Chico
My bearded dragon had surgery on 2-15-22. He had retained she'd from over the years (which other people had him) that completely died and killed the tip of his tail. Yesterday he only ate about 3 bsfl and today about 5. He generally doesn't eat his greens I feed them to the bsfl. When should I start with the assist feed? TIA

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's O.K., he's eating something which is good after a stressful experience and loss of appetite associated with the ordeal. How old is your dragon and can you post a full body pic as well as close up of the tail ?

vegullaaimee

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Chico
He is going to be 7 years old this year around Juneish. Thank you so much. Do you need a better picture of his tail?

Attachments

• IMG_20220214_124357400.jpg
    IMG_20220214_124357400.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20220215_154815033.jpg
    IMG_20220215_154815033.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 77

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He's a pretty dragon and looks good, just give him time and he should start eating soon. :) That wasn't much taken off , hopefully they got all of the bad area of the tail.

vegullaaimee

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Chico
I made them go up an extra band from their choice just to ensure it's all gone and thank you so much. He's my baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom