Beardie woke up and decided not to eat...for 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Po is a little under a year old. She is in a large tank with a UVA/UVB lamp and a basking lamp, and her temps are normal. She's been happy in her tank all winter, but for the past couple days she has REFUSED to eat.

She usually eats supers with the occasional hornworm (she can't get enough of those!) with fresh greens and fruits everyday. In the past 3 days she has only eaten a few pieces of green and her force-fed calcium supplement. A herp vet diagnosed her with a mild case of MBD last summer and has taken a weekly supplement of vitamin D/calcium since.

She is a bit skinnier, but not alarmingly so. She's been a bit more likely to nap, but out of the cage she will run around like she usually does. All winter she's been stable and not shown signs of brumation.

Any cause for concern? Should I try forcing some baby food? :(

lauranthalas

Any time a beardie doesn't eat for more than 24 hours it is cause for concern. 3 days is a while, so you might want to consider getting your baby checked out to be on the safe side. Has she gone poo? Any chance of impaction? That can affect the eating as well.

YoungMasterPo

Original Poster
We took Po to the vet this weekend and it turns out she is positive for protozoans. The vet wasn't specific for what type, but she went one de-worming treatment and is going back next week for another treatment and follow-up. She has been a bit more willing to eat, though it is slow going-about a superworm a day and some greens.

Our vet was about to take a "fresh sample" to do the fecal and turned to get something, when Po sensed what was going on and, well, gave him a fresh sample herself right on the table. What a good girl :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom