Beardie with Calcium deficiency

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddevil

Hi there,
My Beardie is about 3yr old now and she is suffering from Calcium Deficiency. We took her to the vets about 2 weeks ago and they gave me a liquid form Calcium which I have to give her daily by a syringe. Prior to this she was struugling to poo but since she is pooing quite often but its more runny now. Its obviously the medicine that is making her have runny poo but I dont really want to stop giving her the medicine because she really needs it. I was instructed by the vet to give her 0.7m each day due to her size (overweight!). I have lowered her Uv tube also for the time being. She seems very dark in colour lately which worries me as they are a light colour when healthy (i believe). Has anyone else had a similar problem and could help me with this matter?
I would be greatful of the help as I love her and want to get her better and back to her cheeky self, instead of sleeping pretty much all day. x

maddevil

Original Poster
Hi there, thanks for the reply but all my lights and set up are fine. ie, repti-sun 10, about 12 inches away from her and temps are fine.
I need someone who has experienced a similar thing or are going through it with their beardie x

LJean

Extreme Poster
Yeah, I know I am no help here. But when I reply to your post, it bumps it up making it easier for others to see it. ;) I know they will be asking some of those lighting questions so thought I would just get a head start. :D

Hope your dragon feels better soon.

maddevil

Original Poster
Hi, sorry if i came accross rude or ungrateful :? Basking end around 95-98, cool end around 85-88. Uv is a week old and about 12inch away from her x

LJean

Extreme Poster
You did not sound rude. I just wanted you to know why I replied when I really couldn't help. ;)

Asking questions seems better to me than just typing "Bump" to bring a post to the top. 8)

I know there have to be some posts on calcium deficiency in the beardie ER forum. Maybe you can find some info in one of them to help you until one of our resident experts come online.

maddevil

Original Poster
Ever since I started giving her the calcium medicine she is constantly headbobbing at me, will this be because she feels threatened by me doing this? I have to literally open her mouth to put it in you see which annoys her. She head bobbs all the time at me and gives me funny looks, even though she knows who I am and that I wont hurt her x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom