Beardie wasnt moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie11

I have a 9 month old beardie. Yesterday it was 80 in my house and in beardies tank it was 115 on hot end, basketing side, cool side was 80. Anyway, I found beardie hiding under rock in basking side scrunched up and not blinking at all, she was like stiff. I touched her she didnt blink or move. I freaked out so I shut off the hot basking light put fan on and sprayed her down. She then moved and blinked, also put her in tub of water and she was fine and ate. What happened is she sick? She slept all night and was ok this morning. Is that what they do when they are hot??? HELP new 3 month beardie owner... :eek:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you review more of your tank setup for us?
What type of UVB light are you using?
What type of basking light do you have is it a bright white ilght or a colored light? Could something have scared her?
If she is getting too hot, that can cause them to hide in order to cool off. I would adjust the basking temperatures to a range of 95-110 with a cool side of 78-82.
Do you have any pictures of her?

Tracie

beardie11

Original Poster
No picture. She.seems ok today. I have reptisun 160 watt basking with uva,uvb light and uvb light on cool side which she never goes.to. Yesterday she was hiding near hot end of tank. so not sure.she.did end up eating..

I wouldn't do a 9 month old temperature higher than 100 degrees. in fact when my dragon was that age he went down to 97°. Keep humidity around 35- 40%.

What are you using to measure temperature? I recommend infrared thermal gun that can be bought at sears. temperatures need to be fairly accurate when you're reading them.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
beardie11":473pn2yc said:
I have reptisun 160 watt basking with uva,uvb light and uvb light on cool side which she never goes.to. Yesterday she was hiding near hot end of tank.
Is it the PowerSun MVB that you have? If so, what size is the tank and what is the distance of this bulb to your beardie while in his basking spot?
Terrbear903":473pn2yc said:
What are you using to measure temperature?
Are you using either an infrared temp gun or digital thermometer with long wire & probe end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom