Beardie turned yellow for a night..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natt

Hi,

I got my first bearded dragon 2 weeks ago and I read this entire site before I picked her up but I still can't see any one posting about their beardie changing colour for a short duration besides mood based colour changing..

So I don't know if it's a behavior thing or a health issue so I apologize in advance if I screwed up.

The pictures I saw of Killara before I got her it seemed as if she was yellow. However when I got her she was darker so I thought maybe it was a lighting or camera issue.

Two weeks down the line she is still dark except last night I had a blanket over her cage because she was having trouble sleeping with the kids fooling around. When I took the blanket off before I went to bed she was bright vibrant yellow and when I woke up she was dark again..

So my question is, is this a mood thing, is this the first time she's been content here? Or if they have an infection or about to brumate do they change colour back and forth or do they stay bright?

Sorry if this question seems ridiculous but I'd appreciate any feedback.

Also if it's a mood thing.. how am I meant to make her happy? Or is she just still adjusting? We handle her a bit every day, maybe for too long sometimes because she doesn't run away or try to jump out of our hands and I originally thought the "stink eye" was a happy face like an *****, lol. Since I learned about that look I put her back when she gives us that look.

Bearded dragons change color a bit. I've read it's based mostly based on temperature but stress, mood, illness, shedding can all make them change color. Mine is light yellow just after a bath. And she is usually brown in the morning. I don't think you need to worry too much about that. But it would be great to see some pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom