beardie trippin out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well, it depends on if he has any neurological damage or not if he did indeed fall.

Are you giving him carrots daily, has he been eating them? What about giving vitamins 2x a wk? He's only been eating 4 crickets a day in the wk that you've had him? How long has he been keeping his eyes closed?

beardedgiantsfan

Original Poster
hes been keeping his eyes closed at least 2 days yesterday he was pretty active. If he had fallen it'd be like 6 in drop onto the floor because he always basking on a log. I also notice that his body will suck in then expand causing him to open his mouth. I really wish there was a vet in the area. the t-rex supplement has vitamins too.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It would be a good idea to have a vet check him. There are no vets near you at all and no reptile vets that you know of? I don't like the sound of the breathing and gaping.

You're using a product with calcium & vitamins mixed together? You should consider getting separate calcium and vitamins because the calcium for a baby should be used 5 days a wk and the vitamins the other 2 days. Too much vitamins isn't good, especially for a baby. That's why I wondered about the carrots, very high in Vit A. Most of us use the Rep-Cal calcium with D3, phosphorus-free and the Herptivite vitamins also made by Rep-Cal.

I hope your beardie is doing better tomorrow with the increased hydration and with the new UVB on only 6 hrs a day. Please keep us updated. Hopefully you can find a vet near you if you still have concerns/worries tomorrow.

beardedgiantsfan

Original Poster
i think hes doing alot better today. It must of been the cheap ESU light because today he was hoping around and eating tons of crickets and of course watching everything i do from his cage. I also switched the calcium supplements...thanks guys!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great news. :p It's very possible that the ESU was causing the lethargic behavior and the closed eyes. Changing the supplements was a good idea & that probably made a difference too. I suggest you still only leave the Repti-Sun on for about 6 hrs a day as Tracie posted and also make sure to keep him VERY well hydrated. Glad to hear he is doing better. :wink:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, that is great news to hear! I hope he continues to improve for you with the new light & the new supplements. Good news. Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom