Beardie threw up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePonz

First of all I'm very new to beardies and just got one about a month ago. His name is grover and he's about 10.5 inches long. I have him in a 30B with a 100W MVB.

i just came into my room and found this it seems like its undigested crickets but i'm not sure help?

DSCN0707.jpg

DSCN0706.jpg

DSCN0705.jpg

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Are you sure he threw it up instead of pooping it out? Sometimes when beardies eat a lot and don't get enough heat afterward, they won't digest properly and when they poo, it'll come out as undigested bugs. If he did throw it up, I'm sorry, but I have no idea :?

ThePonz

Original Poster
im not exactly sure the thing with him is he went from eating like 14-18 crix every like 2 days to 35 in 1 day and that was a couple days ago

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
Looks like he did throw them up. If they were pooed out there woudl be more matter in there and I don't see any urates. Are the feeders you are giving him smaller than the space between his eyes?

I might also add that it could be the huge increase in feeders all at one time. Try feeding him much less and sort of taper up..rather than a whoel bunch at once. It sounds like he either ate too much or they maybe a little too big for him.

Just a question are you soaking he several times a week? You want to make sure he is getting enough fluids. Are you feeding in a varity of veggies also? What kinda of veggies specificly are you feeding?

ThePonz

Original Poster
the crickets i'm feeding him are for sure the right size and i have collard greens in there for him constantly and he gets a bath once or twice a week (3-4 if he's shedding) he pooped about 3 times this day and then this.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
how about going over your set up with us please.
lighting/ uvb? type? coil or tube?
substrate? type?
heat light?
how close?
exactly what type greens?
how old is your beardie?
what size is he?
what size feeders?
do you use calcium?
vitimins?
how often do you feed him/her?
what type feeders other than crickets?
have you had a fecal done?
any other info you may have that will be helpful so we can help you figure out what is going on.
thanks

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
Jeritta, most of the questions you have asked have already been answered in the above post. :wink:

Ponz some of Jeritta questions are relivent, temps and lighting help proper digestion. Since you said you have a MVB in your case it sounds like to me that he over ate. (100watt is that the new T-rex 100 watt or Powersun?) Going from 14-18 crickets ever few days to 30 in one sitting is bound to make anyone throw up. As I mentioned, you want to gradually increase his intake so next feeding try giving him 10 for a few days then 15 so on and so forth, untill he is eattingabout as many as he wants but unless he is grwoing rapidly I would not feed over 50 in one day. (this depends on your dragon, some dragons will eat 100 per day, but thats is unusual) You may also want to spread the feedings out in one, if you can. try 2 feedings in one day when you get to a higher amount of feeders (25 at a time). This will give him time to digest some and then eat some more later.

If he is still vomiting then we need to look at some other things i.e tank set up and so forth. At that time we can also talk about lighting and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom