Beardie suddenly swollen neck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 7 month old male Drogo has a very puffy, swollen neck. He was normal, gave hI'm a salad with maybe 10 small meal worms mixed in...he crawled to the top of his branch and has sat with his head back and neck stuck out. It feels hard to me but it doesn't bother him if I touch it. What the hell?!

91797-2862591720.jpg

91797-9716170029.jpg

KhaleesiStormborn

Original Poster
I just spoke with a friend who works at the pet store and he said they tend to do this while they bask as they get older. That it's completely normal. I'm hoping that's correct?

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Sometimes food, like salad can get stuck in their throat. Definitely chop it up good. I usually cut out anything with stems.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Did his neck just recently become swollen right after he ate his salad?
They do typically push their beard out oftentimes after eating a meal, or a large meal.
I would however, keep an eye on the swelling just to be sure it isn't something else like
a major health concern.
What kind of greens did he have?

Tracie

KhaleesiStormborn

Original Poster
Drache613":3go13iwm said:
Hello,

Did his neck just recently become swollen right after he ate his salad?
They do typically push their beard out oftentimes after eating a meal, or a large meal.
I would however, keep an eye on the swelling just to be sure it isn't something else like
a major health concern.
What kind of greens did he have?

Tracie

It was right after he finished eating...and lasted about 10-15 minutes and went down. I'm assuming he was storing it? Lol gosh did he scare me!!

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah, typically if it happens right after they eat it's just food that they're keeping in their beard. My female does this after every time she eats, she seems to swallow it 10-15 minutes after she stores it....Just a snack for later I guess, lol.

If it lasts for a long period of time or he does it at times when he hasn't just been fed, then you'll want to watch it closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom