Beardie 'stuck' under tank stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took Max out of his tank earlier so I could clean the slates, and while I wasn't looking and wiggled himself under the stand. It's about a 2'' clearance, and I KNOW he can get himself out, but the problem is that I can't wait for him to because I work at 2pm!
I tried luring him out with crickets, but he wasn't having it! He's sleeping at the moment, but he needs to come out before I leave. :banghead:
What to do??

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Have you tried gently poking something under there like a yardstick to coax him out ? If he won't come out can you block him in somehow so he stays there until you get back and have time to move the tank + then the stand ? Or would he be safe in the room if he came out while you are gone ?

yellowturtle1

Original Poster
AHBD":q7t6dehn said:
Have you tried gently poking something under there like a yardstick to coax him out ? If he won't come out can you block him in somehow so he stays there until you get back and have time to move the tank + then the stand ? Or would he be safe in the room if he came out while you are gone ?

I have. He's definitely not the most tolerant guy you'll ever meet, so he puffed up and I couldn't get him out.
I could block the underside, but that's definitely option b right now!
He's in a double stand and there a turtle tank on top filled with water, so no moving. No, if he came out he could easily hide somewhere else. We have cats, so I'd be very concerned that they'd think he's a fun toy!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If you absolutely can't shift him out just block him in with objects that your cats can't move. He will be fine there for the day and you can do what you need to do when you get home from work.

yellowturtle1

Original Poster
AHBD":2ndj28f6 said:
If you absolutely can't shift him out just block him in with objects that your cats can't move. He will be fine there for the day and you can do what you need to do when you get home from work.
Okay. I keep trying late tonight.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How big is your dragon ? Block him in as tightly as possible and you might lock your cats in one room just in case the beardie somehow wiggles through the barricades.

yellowturtle1

Original Poster
AHBD":1bgobgg7 said:
How big is your dragon ? Block him in as tightly as possible and you might lock your cats in one room just in case the beardie somehow wiggles through the barricades.
11''.

VICTORY!!! :mrgreen: I scooched him off the side and slowly wiggled him out. He's perfectly fine, he didn't even puff up and is back in the safety of his tank again.
Thank you so much! Won't happen again, I hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom