Beardie Stressed until going to the bathroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

aurucis

Hey, I really needed to moved this over from my behavior post, I need some input everyone! At first I thought it was relocation stress, but as soon as he does his business hes the happiest ever! :[

Well I'd like to update the situation here, for the past several nights, he will come come out around 7-8 o'clock he will go to the bathroom, then will be as hyper as ever, will eat normal, and shows no signs of stress marks or anything. Then the next day he will wake up, eat, then will almost immediately go into hiding. He hides until he poops.. think these stressmarks and him hiding could be related to some issue?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
So he's eating every other day? and hiding every other day? I wish I knew what the problem was as I have a baby that's about 11.5 inches long now and, I'm guessing, about 4 months old. She's skinner than Redrock was at the same age but she has gained 3.5 inches since we got her on Sept. 28th. She doesn't seem to want to eat much and didn't eat much either yesterday or Thursday.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
How old is your beardie? Could he be going into brumation (hybernation)? Also, he might be feeling constipated from eating, thus showing the stress marks. What are you feeding him and is he getting enough heat to allow him proper digestion?

You might want to slowly change the time he goes potty from night to day time.

One of my former beardies always had a burst of energy after pooping - so does my dog :lol:

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hi there,
The mods are much wiser than I, but I would suggest a bath (warm water up to her armpits) twice a day whilst you're trying to break the pooping+sulking cycle might be a good idea. The warm water helps ease the passing of poop and might help your baby be a little happier.

What are you feeding her?
Meal worms for example are harder for a baby to digest due to the large amount of shell they have.

aurucis

Original Poster
He's actually fine now, thanks! Took him to his first vet visit, he hated the car ride! jumped on the ground and hid under the seat, then puffed all the way when i tried to take him out! Little punk! He's weighing in at 2 ounces, and is nice and healthy!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
My beardie also runs after pooping. I truly believe she is trying to get away from it.She generally poops in the shower and runs from it in there. If she is in her viv and goes poop she wants out(trying to climb the sides frantically as if to say "let me out of here").From what I've read that is the case for alot of beardies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom