BEARDIE SPAZZED OUT AND COULDNT BREATHE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashen

OKay so my bearded dragon has had internal parasites for a week now and I thought that was the only thing wrong with him but all this morning he has been pacing round his enclosure, getting really close to the glass and looking at me like he wants something. Suddenly his eyes fluttered closed and it was like he was trying to raise his upper body in the air and opened his mouth half way, his beard going up and down and him "coughing" as if he was trying to get something out of his mouth. This is all facing away from the glass so I doubt its his reflection. He was flat like a pancake and his stomach didnt rise and fall for literally 2 minutes. WHile this was happening he was pointing his head at the sky and trid to climb thin air? His beard was going up and down like crazy and turned darker. After this frightening episode i was looking up his symptoms rapidly for an answer and i got nothing. He seems fine now but really cautious.
What do i do?????

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh wow, I know that was terrifying ! There are various things that may have caused it, very slight possibility of reaction to the meds., another is that he may have adenovirus. Look up the symptoms. Are you sure he's not choking on anything ? I hope it was a one time thing !

If it happens again, see about a good reptile vet if you don't have one already.

ashen

Original Poster
He's acting like nothing ever happened, i put him back inside his viv after checking his mouth and underbelly and he went straight to eat his salad and is still going at it now. He pooped a few minutes after his little episode and is now back to normal... I think.

I think he enjoys giving me mini heart attacks...

I looked up symptoms of adenovirus but all the symptoms listed could be from parasites too. I'm going to the local vets later to pick up some medicine, so I'll ask him about it then.

Thanks anyway though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom