beardie sleeping a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayTLFC

hi, if you follow my picture threads you will know of my beardie i rescued, tango. she is around 6 months old and has no back legs or tail. the problem is she sleeps a lot during the day and is always looking for a hiding place to get into and sleep. i have the arcadia 12% UVB tube and a 40w reflector bulb temps reach about 114f which i know is too high and i am going to buy a dimming thermostat soon. i usually keep the glass open abit to keep the temps down. she poo's daily and eats normally. my girlfriend seems to think because she has no back legs she get tired easier, could this be right?

I'm curious about how she moves, does she drag herself around ?
Great job rescuing a dragon <3

To answer your questions as best I can.
When an owner says their bearded dragon is sleeping a lot the first answer to jump to is brumation, but 6 months seems a bit young for brumation. Has this just started happening or is this how she's been since you've had her?

JayTLFC

Original Poster
christywoowoo":3skwmzem said:
I'm curious about how she moves, does she drag herself around ?
Great job rescuing a dragon <3

To answer your questions as best I can.
When an owner says their bearded dragon is sleeping a lot the first answer to jump to is brumation, but 6 months seems a bit young for brumation. Has this just started happening or is this how she's been since you've had her?

here is a video of her walking :) -

http://instagram.com/p/b8yGgXm01n/

and i think it has been happening since i got her i can't remember but it has been a long time that shes been doing it

JayTLFC

Original Poster
can anyone help me out?? she scratches a lot and head bobs too if that helps. last 2/3 days she hasn't been eating much either

My beardie is currently in brumating mode and so is my friend's beardie. You sure she's female? I've actually never heard of a head bobbing female.

JayTLFC

Original Poster
I think tango is to young to brumate and I don't know what sex she is the breeder said she thinks she's female but she's to young to tell yet so until I can know for sure she is a she haha. But yeah i do think she will turn out male.

You can always do a stool sample at a Vet's. A poop check isn't usually too expensive on its own and it's amazing at preventing anything worse from happening. I strongly suggest you get this done. I agree that 6 months is young for Brumation.

JayTLFC

Original Poster
christywoowoo":1sbgghjt said:
You can always do a stool sample at a Vet's. A poop check isn't usually too expensive on its own and it's amazing at preventing anything worse from happening. I strongly suggest you get this done. I agree that 6 months is young for Brumation.

i will look into it, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom