beardie size

Status
Not open for further replies.

bccrt5

Hatchling Member
So the only experience I have with beardies is with my trixie and she is about 13" long...I have had her for about 4 months. When I got her she was about 9 inches long or so. Now my baby Scully I have had for about a month and he is 10 5/8" long as of today and he was 8.5" when I got him. Is it normal for them to grow that much in a month. He is a chubby little thing eating about 75 to 100 feeders a day plus a salad. Here he is....
20101113213519-1.jpg

20101113213540.jpg

So is this good normal growth?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
All beardies grow at different rates. He looks very healthy and reminds me of Des (LOL). I would say you are doing a good job. If you weren t he would not be growing. :wink:

jeserah

Sub-Adult Member
Sometimes when beardies have German Giant blood in them they'll grow super fast. Mostly though I agree with beardednoob, it means you're doing a good job!

bccrt5

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
But it makes me wonder if I have not done so good with trixie. Since she hasn't grown as fats and has never eaten as good. She eats enough to poop every day...about 30 worms and only if I hand feed them to her. And her growth is much slower.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
bccrt5":2skkk35u said:
But it makes me wonder if I have not done so good with trixie. Since she hasn't grown as fats and has never eaten as good. She eats enough to poop every day...about 30 worms and only if I hand feed them to her. And her growth is much slower.

Don't worry about that. It all depends on the beardie. My baby was small for her age and never seemed to grow. some days she would eat loads and others she wouldn't eat much. Since sept she's grown 4 inches (one of the inches she grew was in a week). Ive started introducing different live foods into her diet so she's a lot more interested in her food- i feed her a mix of crickets, locusts, calciworms and wax moth larvae (as treats).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom