Beardie size/growth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2PA

Hello, Legacy is around a year old now (I got him a little after christmas last year, I'm guessing he was around 1-2 months old) and I heard they usually reach about adult size at one year, but mine seems a bit small.

I got him as a nip-tail, so I can't really measure him by length. I usually judge beardie age by the size of their head instead, Legacy seems small

wQcIOGT.jpg

I didn't have a ruler on-hand so I used an average playing card. He hasn't shed in probably over a month and I'm partly thinking he might have taken a growth-break for brumation (which he shows signs of going into) but I'm not positive. He was bred by a pretty reliable breeder who takes pride in his beardies and has been breeding them for quite a few years, so I don't think it's a matter of not having the right genes.

My setup:
-55 gal tank
-platform and stick for basking
-basking temps are right
-10.0 UVB (The exact brand doesn't come to mind, it's the $40 most popular brand)
-on a diet of crickets (dusted), collard greens, and every couple months Phoenix worms

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there...I'm guessing based on what his size might STV [ snout to vent ] So I think Legacy [ are you sure about the gender ] is about 9-10" STV, and if his tail were there it would be about another 10",[ or about 7-8" with the stump] that's a perfectly fine growth rate. And once they're near adult size, they slow down on shedding quite a bit, whether they are going into brumation or not. But Legacy looks healthy to me.

A2PA

Original Poster
alright thanks for the reply, I just wasn't positive if he was slowing down on growth naturally or if there was something I needed to do. Guess now I know :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom