Beardie shedding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah26

Heya,

Iv'e had my beardie since first of March, and he was 6-7 inches then, and is 11-12 inches today. He has shed about 4-5 times since I got him.
Recently his last shed is worrying me a bit, since he it's taking him more than a week to completely shed. He still hasn't shed from his head, (he shed everywhere else)... The colour of his head is different than the rest of his body, which is normal during a shed, but it's been a while! Is that normal?

He hasn't had UV for a whole month, but I got new lights that hes had for a few days now, mega ray 100watts which is 15-16 inches away from him... He is eating well, basking, and alert.
However I'm just a lil worried. He isn't toooo active either.

he is around 6-7 months old.

Any thoughts? Is he okay?

Bradleyv1714

Hatchling Member
I also had the same problem in which he was shedding VERY slowly... well, I got worried because I could tell that his head and legs were starting to shed but it had been 1 1/2 weeks already so I called a vet and she told me to bathe him everyday for a week and see if it does him any good and by the 3rd bath his skin was shedding. after that happened as soon as I see the skin color difference, i start bathing him and usually sheds within the first week

Sarah26

Original Poster

I always bathe him when he's about to shed, I massage his skin and it actually peals off the same day. But this time it is realllly slow. Usually when I notice his skin change to gray aka shedding time, I increase his bath times+ massages, and voila hes shedding. I'll continue to do that, just concerned, why is his skin so stuborn this time around? lol

I got worried as I once heard problems with shedding indicate a more serious problem... Is this true? I HOPE NOT!
+ it is the first time for him to take forever to shed.

Sarah26

Original Poster
I'm not sure about the temps per say, but I make sure the water is very warm, almost hot, I test the water using the palm of my hand. It feels extremely warm. My beardie likes it like that.

I also want to try a 100% coco butter cream on him, I read somewhere here that it has helped a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom