Beardie Running Into Walls??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comet07

My beardie Comet seems to be doing well; his poop is normal, he's eating fine etc..
But when I take him out and let him sorta explore my room, he always runs into the walls.
I don't know if this is just normal or something's wrong with his eyes :/
It's not like he can't see, he just runs snout-first into walls sometimes, and I'm a little concerned as to why?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's normal. I can find out where my dragon is in the house because I'll hear *skitter skitter THUD* as he runs into a door. I think it might just be a depth perception issue or not understanding walls/doors. doesn't ever seem to be moving quickly enough to cause harm though.

magpieandstuff

Hatchling Member
My beardie also runs into walls. He aways seems so surprised when it happens. He will look up at the wall like 'Where did this come from?' :lol: It's pretty hilarious. He is also pretty confused by the bedroom door, because some times it's open and sometimes it's not. When it's closed he will stand next to it and just stare at me until I open it for him.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
I was honestly just sitting here with my little one doing the same exact thing!! I was a bit worried too!! Glad to know the *skitter, skitter, THUD* is so universal ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom