Beardie rubbing nose the glass??? Anyone know what this is??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyates

My beardie is running along the glass of his tank like a maniac and rubbing his nose against the glass, I thought maybe he was just seeing his reflection but now I'm not sure... I've heard of bd's rubbing their noses raw. Does anyone know why they do this or if there's anything I can do to prevent a sore nose??

Sangster

mine does this when he wants out. I'll open it up and let him wander around the living room for a while. He never did it before the first time i let him out loose, but ever since then he gets restless in the cage sometimes.

lyates

Original Poster
the cool side is between 80 and 85 hot side about 98 to 102.
plenty of shade, big branch on hot side to bask, bout 6 to 7 inches from lamp. I'm a stay-at-home mom so I mist him several times a day, he's not gaping just running and rubbing... and this evening he has started rubbing his nose on the tree branch.

healthybeardie

Juvie Member
Mine does this too -- I think he just wants out.

Also, be careful about the misting as it causes humidity to rise. I was mis informed at the pet store about misting but later learned that beardies get hydrated from their vents by being bathed in luke warm baths (10-20 minute supervised soak no higher than their shoulders) a couple times a week. :)

lyates

Original Poster
The first and last time I gave him a bath was 3 weeks ago, he wouldn't look at me or let me hold him after that, he bit my husband and got a big beard anytime I went near him, last night is the first night he has actually let me hold him in a LONG time... not sure if I'm ready for to give bathtime another shot yet

healthybeardie

Juvie Member
Luther can be skiddish around bath time too. Sometimes I'll put my hand in the warm bath water them put Luther on that hand while it is still warm from the water and this relaxes him a little while his underside gets wet. If he takes well to that maybe you could slowly lower your hand in the water so your beardie is eased in a little at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom