Beardie puberty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLB85

My guy used to eat like a pig, but he has slowed down in the past couple of months. He is only 10 months old, so I expected him to slow down once he reached full size. However the past few weeks, he's barely eating anything. He'll only eat 1 super worm a day, or nothing at all. I offer him supers, dubias, fruit, veg. Although he's never been a veg/fruit eater, he has always loved his bugs, but lately he could care less and just runs away when I try to feed him. The weird thing though, is that I got him some butter worms, and he gobbled those up, so that makes me possibly rule out not eating from pinworms. But I can't feed butters and hornworms (his other fav) to him all the time because they're expensive and the hornworm place is 40 min away, so I only get those about twice a month. I feel like he's not eating almost anything and it's worrying me! I checked his temps and they are good (96 on the hot side and 85 on the cool side), and his UV is still within it's good range. I have also been putting him in sun patched on the couch to make sure he's getting enough UV. He has also started getting really crazy in the mornings, running around his tank like crazy, glass surfing and being super hyper. This is also new the past few weeks, but as soon as I take him out, he's chill and just sits on the couch in his blanky, which he could do for hours. I know he should be going through beardie puberty around his age, he's a male. Are these normal behaviours? I'm mainly worried about his lack of eating, I don't know what to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom