Beardie Proofing Your House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Ok so I've been thinking of things and ways to fix the house to where it is safe for Scarlett to roam freely.. I was wondering do any of you use the little doggy gate things? If so does your beardie climb it? Also do any of u use little latters or something they can climb up and down the couch with? My biggest fear is her getting stuck under the refrigerator... Just curious.. Any ideas would b great!

MomOf2Kiddos

Hatchling Member
I have those pressure baby gates up...cuz I have two little ones, but Zil was able to crawl thru the larger one that has a square pattern lol. The kind that has the diamond pattern she tries to climb. So I had to put like some cardboard in front of them so she couldn't climb or get thru. She tried to climb the fireplace mesh and her claws got stuck. Now I just redirect her away from it when she goes that way. One time she went under our recliner and it was awful trying to get her out, so now I block it off with blankets stuffed under the front and back. Also, she can navigate the stairs lol. :mrgreen:
DSCF7158.jpg

valcash

Sub-Adult Member
Some climb the baby gates if they want, making the gates unsafe due to fall risk. Supervise and block off any spots you see like under the fridge with lots of books or dvd's, cardboard boxes, boards, etc.

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I was in Toys R Us recently and I actually found a baby gate that wasn't the fence type it was solid.. Pretty neat I'll try and find a pic of it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudeGurl
Top Bottom