Beardie poops on me a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fay789

Hey Everyone,

So I just wanted to run a theory by you guys. My beardie, Temeraire, is just over fours months old and I've had him since six weeks. He is settled nicely, and seems quite happy. He will only occasionally ask to be handled (like climb onto my hand when I put it in), but generally seems agreeable to me taking him out and cuddling and letting him explore. I tend to sit and watch TV with him on my chest/shoulder and stroke him down the middle of his back with one or two fingers. About twenty minutes into our cuddling, he will usually poop on me. Even sometimes when he has already pooped that morning (granted he is growing very quickly and eating a lot). I don't think he is doing it out of fear or trying to get away, because he doesn't try to run away from me, and if he moves around it is usually to find a place to sleep, so my theory is that petting him in the way that I am is stimulating his pooping. Thoughts?

P.S. I am trying to train him to poop in the bath by rubing his tummy gently and he will go about 50% of the time in the bath.

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
In his enclosure, my drogon will poop maybe once a day. I let him out to play, he will poop on the carpet at least twice, regardless of if he has pooped earlier or not. I think some dragons just enjoy pooping places that arent their enclosure :lol: :lol:

Fay789

Original Poster
Haha, good to know other dragons do it too. Tem has yet to poop on the carpet, but he has also just started enjoying exploration rather than immediately trying to hide or return to his tank.

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
Fay789":2xrk2kvr said:
Haha, good to know other dragons do it too. Tem has yet to poop on the carpet, but he has also just started enjoying exploration rather than immediately trying to hide or return to his tank.

I feed in a sep tub, and it is almost impossible to catch my male before he poops in his feeding tub during his first feeding of the day. As soon as hes had as many as he wants, he decides its pooping time.

also, here is a pic you might enjoy of my male :lol: :lol: :lol:

43538-4612648590.jpg

Fay789

Original Poster
If only mine were that quick. He takes forever just kind of wiggling and repositioning before he decides he's comfy enough to poop when I'm trying to get him to do it in the bath.

Also he's adorable :) and those look like some cool climbing logs.

Here are a few of Tem. He has pretty similar coloring to your guy!
85333-246160566.jpg
85333-3388887337.jpg
85333-4863323891.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Well, it could be he's very frightened of you and pooing in fear when you get him out for nurse.
Give him more time to settle in and get to know/trust you while cutting back the nurses for now to maybe only when it's necessary to get him out.

OR

You've accidentially trained him to poo when he is on you, keep some paper towelling handy and as soon as he lifts his bottom and tail, slip the paper under and collect the smelly object for disposal. He might really detest going to the toilet in his tank, and holds on until you get him out and then lets it come (probably very urgent by then).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom