Beardie Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I fed my beardie today and he ate perfectly fine except probably 30minutes after he ate he did a poo.

The poo itself looked formed as normal and looking nothing different to normal except that he has a strange mucus substance around the whole lot which is clear in colour. He is acting the same as he always is and ate very well.

My tank has not changed since I have had him and this is the first instance. I recently started feeding him butternut squash and rocket that was soaked in spring water. any help could be appreciated, I have done some research but as always with the internet, numerous different results came up.

any help?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Matt....sometimes it can come out like that, usually not a problem. If it continues to look odd to you after a few weeks you might have a fecal test done to put your mind at ease....but it's probably fine.

mattsmith93

Original Poster
Well since then he has not had the gunk he has had two poos since then and they are completely different they are jet black and quite thin. I only recently gave him mealworms but I don't know if he is digesting them properly in his poo I don't see any physical parts of a mealworm

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So his strange poo was related to diet change, in this case the mealworms. They are not the best food for beardies....go back to crickets or dubia and things should hopefully get back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom