Beardie only eats roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! So my baby bearded dragon wont eat anything but dubia roaches. I just ran out of them and they're taking forever to get here. They won't be here until Thursday, so since Saturday I've been trying to give him crickets and he just won't eat them. I tried giving him wax worms to get something in his system and he won't eat those either. There's a store near me that has them but they are way too big for him. He ate crickets before I got him but now he doesnt bother with them. He can't just go without eating for four days. So can some one suggest a method that will get him to eat crickets please?

ruben0311

Juvie Member
picky little booger isnt he... so i would just keep trying with the crickets, cool them down so they move slower and feed in a separate container so all he has is the crickets to grab his attention. will he eat anything else? fruit or anything sweet? if he does you can try getting some of the fruit juice onto the crickets and hopefully it will entice him to snap em up. if he starts to lose mass then you will need to force feed but i'm no expert on that so hang on till someone else chimes in.

lovesbeardies23

Original Poster
I've tried keeping him in a separate container with them for about 20 mins and he didn't even look at them. He doesn't go for any type of fruit or vegetable either. Like you said, he's a picky little booger. ?

Nihilist

Hatchling Member
lovesbeardies23":uma9d4ef said:
I've tried keeping him in a separate container with them for about 20 mins and he didn't even look at them. He doesn't go for any type of fruit or vegetable either. Like you said, he's a picky little booger. ?

Mine would not touch a cricket after feeding her dubia roaches, I tried multiple times with crickets but she just snubbed them and jumped up on her hammock.

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
Your beardie will be fine for a couple of days without eating, so just keep offering it to him until he eats it. It it keeps going on, you might want to mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom