beardie not shredded in 2 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my beardie is a 7 8 months old male a think hes around 13 inch long he has a 60 watt bulb temps are around 100 hot side a repti sun uv bulb,hes not shredded in over 2 months everytime i put crickets in hes not interested and dosent eat much veggies i took him to the vet and they gave me drops called panacur dispens but im not sure what else i could do iv tried wax worms but no luck he dosent eat them?when i got him he was 2 months old and very small

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Answer the following questions:
1)how old is dragon
how long have you had dragon
how long is your dragon?
did the vet do a fecal before giving you the panacur?
substrate(what is on the bottom of his cage)?
UVB bulb? If so , brand and type (compact, flourescent,coil)
do u give him a bath?How often?
how often do you feed him, what do you feed him (important crickets be no bigger than the space between the dragon's eyes. No iceberg, romaine only OK occasionally-collards and mustard greens much better for him
your answers to these will help us help you figure out the problem

when was his last poop? how often does he poop?

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
Do you mind posting a photo of him and then a photo of your tank set up? Did the vet test his feces? I dont think its a good idea to give him strong medicine if the vet didnt even test to make sure he was sick! hopefully someone else will come around and give some more advice. You may want to force feed him while you wait for more responses. You can get a plastic syringe and some chicken or squash baby food and feed it to him from the SIDE of his mouth. When I had to do this for one of my beardies it really helped get her appetite back, she really loved the taste of the baby food.

and i belive the word you want is "shed" not "shredded". 8)

killbill1987

Original Poster
1)how old is dragon .... hes about 8 months
how long have you had dragon.... 6 months
how long is your dragon?.. around 13 inch
did the vet do a fecal before giving you the panacur? ... no
substrate(what is on the bottom of his cage)? ... newspaper
UVB bulb? If so , brand and type (compact, flourescent,coil)... repti sun 10.0
do u give him a bath?How often? 2times a week
how often do you feed him, what do you feed him (important crickets be no bigger than the space between the dragon's eyes. No iceberg, romaine only OK occasionally-collards and mustard greens much better for him .... i try feed him about 20 med cblack crickets a day but sometimes dosent eat them all

when was his last poop? how often does he poop? he dose it mayb 1 time every 2 weeks im not sure how to upload a photo>

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
killbill1987":63deb said:
1)how old is dragon .... hes about 8 months

how long have you had dragon.... 6 months

how long is your dragon?.. around 13 inch

did the vet do a fecal before giving you the panacur? ... no
Okay call the vet immediately. Do not give him the panacur until the vet does a fecal. Panacur is for parasites but it is strong and you dont want to give if not needed

substrate(what is on the bottom of his cage)? ... newspaper

UVB bulb? If so , brand and type (compact, flourescent,coil)... repti sun 10.0
Great bulb. Glad to see it is a repti sun
do u give him a bath?How often? 2times a week
he can have a bath daily. It helps them poop regularly. Also helps with keeping them hydrated as they dehyrdate quickly
how often do you feed him, what do you feed him (important crickets be no bigger than the space between the dragon's eyes. No iceberg, romaine only OK occasionally-collards and mustard greens much better for him .... i try feed him about 20 med cblack crickets a day but sometimes dosent eat them all
Are these medium crickets smaller than the space between his eyes? They MUST be or you will risk impaction, another cause of no appetite
when was his last poop? how often does he poop? he dose it mayb 1 time every 2 weeks im not sure how to upload a photo>
At his age he should be pooping every other day at the minimum I believe--Drache or Vickson might be able to better correct

How are you taking the temps? Digital with probe, stick on? What are his basking side temps, cool side temP?

Again, the panacur should ONLY be given after a fecal test is done and shows pinworms (as that is what it is for) Was your vet a herp vet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom