Beardie Not Interested In Veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmzuay

I haven't been able to find anything that answers my question about this. I've had a bearded dragon now for over a month, and according to growth charts he's about 10-11weeks old. I feed him crickets every day and he loves those, mealworms (smallest ones I can buy) I use as treats for him on occasion, and I offer fresh veggies every day.

My main concern is when do they start becoming interested in the veggies? So far I'm just wasting my money and trips to the store to get fresh veggies is not cheap because he doesn't touch them. I've tried putting mealworms and crickets in the veggies to no avail. I've even attempted to feed him the veggies before crickets and even tried to hand feed him veggies with no success. I know the diet ratio should be 80% insects / 20% veggies at this point but he's just not interested in anything that isn't live food. I've tried several varieties of veggies and mixed them together, the most he's done is poop on them so far.

I know this is probably nothing to be to worried about but still a concern. He's healthy, active, and growing nicely regardless though, but I'd like to be able to get him eating some variety of veggies early on so there is not issues later on down the road. Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution or do I just keep wasting money on veggies until he starts eating them?

I feed mine food pellets. He enjoys those very much! Soon your lizard will lack in what it need having to eat veggies. Also feed it what it likes . Mine likes tomatoes .

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Don't worry to much most babies don't eat veggies right away. Just keep offering every day. Mine started eating veggies around 3 months , but every beardie is different. Here is a good site to give you an idea of what to feed beautifuldragons.com. also don't feed tomatoes like the previous poster said they are toxic to them.

MauDragon

Hi,

Maybe you can try wiggling pieces of veggies in front of him and/or hand feeding him. You can try throwing little pieces of corn, grapes, peas, beans, etc. around him. He might think that it's an insect and will eat it immediately. I've watched a video about tips in feeding juvies vegetables. I think this is it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKWpN1x84oE :) Good luck!

Sacho~

Harmzuay

Original Poster
Well it's good to know that it really isn't anything to be worried to terribly about. I've purchased the pellets from the pet store and he doesn't seem to be interested in those but at least they don't go to waste as fast as the veggies do. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom