Beardie not growing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2andcounting

Ok so my bearded dragon is named Maleficent she is 9 months old i bought her from a breader on September 27th and they said she was born on june 20th she is just under 9 inches long and from what i have read she should be between 15-16 inches. Should i be worried or not she hasnt shed or grown in a few months. Please tell me what i can to to make sure she grows to her full length and is healthy Thanks!

-Cubbi and Maleficent and Jack
2 and counting

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
We would need to know more about your set up, along with the questions asked above to give you any advice.

But your suspicions are correct, at 9 months old, she should be much bigger than that.

-Brandon

2andcounting

Original Poster
Ok i am feeding her crickets and a mixture of fruit and veggies depending on the day ill either feed her some apple, grapes, carrots, cabbage, and some other things some days i will mix to of those things together some days i will just put one of those things in her tank and i sprinkle it with calcium powder. Her tank has everything inside that it needs food, water, basking spot, a place to 'hide' rocks to climb on. i have a day heat lamp for during the day and that stays at 78% and a red night light and that stays at around 70/75% she eats everyday twice a day and she eats almost all the food i put in there only leaving a few pieces or crickets behind she gets a bath twice a week i clean her cage out once every 2 weeks unless it look messy or her water spills and once she goes to the bathroom i pick it up right then. she does go to the bathroom like normal. I hope this help explains and thank you again for helping im super worried about her!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
We need you to be more specific in your answers.

It's great that you are feeding crickets and salads, but how many crickets? How much salad is being eaten?

When you say 78%, do you mean 78 degrees? If so that is WAY too low. The absolute minimum temperature required for proper digestion to occur is 96 degrees. And younger dragons even like it hotter than that, around 105 at the basking SURFACE, 90ish on the hot side, and 75-80 on the cool side. And this of course has to be measured with a proper instrument, one that can actually measure exact spots, not those dial thermometers.

Also, no lights should be used at night. Any light is going to disturb your dragons sleep. You don't even need to provide heat at night unless temps in your house are dropping below 65, in which case you would want to use a CHE.

You only mentioned two bulbs, a heat bulb and a red bulb. Do you have a UVB bulb at all?

It would do you an your beardie a lot of good if you spent some good quality time reading through this site and using the knowledge here to learn and better your beardies life.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom