Beardie not growing yet appears healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aperson120

Original Poster
Okay, thanks for all the ideas---I made an appointment with the herp vet in my area to see what she thinks and test for parasites. I am trying to post a picture but so far it has not worked. I think that I may have to face facts that he will never be big.....I love him either way as long as he is healthy :D I just thought after a few months of really good care he would have grown some....hopefully I can get a picture up in the next few minutes....

Thanks again, you are all awesome

p.s I realize I have never told you guys his name which is Leroy

aperson120

Original Poster
Here is Leroy
He is so cute (but cranky in this picture--he was just waking up)
IMG_5647.jpg

Here is so you guys can see his whole body. It is 11 inches or so.
IMG_5649.jpg

IMG_5650.jpg

IMG_5643.jpg

IMG_5652.jpg

IMG_5641.jpg

Thanks so much, you guys are great!

aperson120

Original Poster
Thanks, yours is so cute too! I love her red! I am just really concerned/curious why he is not growing when he eats so well and has perfect tank conditions. Now that I have the pictures up, does anyone think he could have some rankin in him? Or is he just a small guy?

BeardieNewbie15

Hatchling Member
Thank you :) As for why your dragon is small I'm not sure. Have you taken him to the vet just to get a check up? Maybe he didn't get enough calcium when he was younger...or he could just be a small beardie!

Gail

BD.org Addict
I see nothing that leads me to believe he has rankins in him, he also doesn't look like a dwarf. I'd guess he is just from a smaller bloodline or he had something happen when he was younger that stunted his growth. He looks good and I wouldn't worry about his size, let us know how the vet visit goes.

aperson120

Original Poster
Thanks for your thoughts! Well at least that suggests that he is not a rankin....I am going to the vet with him tommorow after work/school to test for parasites.

Again, thanks so much for all the ideas and help

BeardieNewbie15

Hatchling Member
How did the vets go? And I agree with Gail. If he is happy, eating right, has the right set up etc. then I wouldn't worry too much :)

aperson120

Original Poster
Vet went okay! She said he did not have any parasites and looked good :blob5: ....guess he is just a small lil'guy. Which is funny because my other beardies are double his size....at least it will give him character :p ....thanks for all of your guys' help again.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom