Beardie Newb! Meet Paarthurnax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there! I'm new to owning Bearded Dragons but not new to owning herps. I've mostly had Leopard Geckos, some Anoles, and a few Garter Snakes. In the past I practiced some bad husbandry due to ignorance (my first Leo was on Calci-Sand) and have now taken to looking up every little detail in taking care of my sweet little Beardie. I think I researched every day for a few months before finally making my purchase!

Now I'd like you to meet my little baby Paarthurnax (named after the wise old dragon from Skyrim). He's pretty spunky and I think he's getting over his eating shyness as he'll eat greens from my hand now.
tumblr_n7zv2gEA1o1tf1w5uo1_1280.png

SimoneV

He is very handsome~!! And his name is awesome too! Does he live on the throath of the world in his viv? :lol:

LukaArcane

Original Poster
SimoneV":cuns2y1l said:
He is very handsome~!! And his name is awesome too! Does he live on the throath of the world in his viv? :lol:
Thank you! When I got him the employees were kinda sad because he was their current favorite. When he gets bigger I plan to make some decor for his viv and will probably include a word wall for him to bask on. :)

Awesome name! We couldn't pick just one of the skyrim dragons so we went with just naming my husband's babe Dovah, I keep calling him Dovah-kin just because it's stuck in my head. I like your idea also about the word wall for him to sun on, I'm sure he would look just epic basking over the top of it. any clue which thrum you'll carve on it?

LukaArcane

Original Poster
LILgothic1":1r6t3z29 said:
Awesome name! We couldn't pick just one of the skyrim dragons so we went with just naming my husband's babe Dovah, I keep calling him Dovah-kin just because it's stuck in my head. I like your idea also about the word wall for him to sun on, I'm sure he would look just epic basking over the top of it. any clue which thrum you'll carve on it?
I'm not sure which one I'll go for yet, I'll probably look for translations to find my favortie since the ones like "Call Dragon" don't have a wall. Dovah is also a pretty good beardie name though :D

Izzabella

Hes super pretty! My new beardie I got yesterday I was tempted to name after a Skyrim dragon but since my other beardie was named from the movie How To Train Your Dragon (Toothless) I decided to keep with it and named her Stormfly.

First few weeks Toothless was a bit shy of eating now....not so much lol. Stormy is still getting used to her new place so shes in the shy stage also but it doesn't take long for them to move past that. :D

LukaArcane

Original Poster
Izzabella":2glzzgbu said:
Hes super pretty! My new beardie I got yesterday I was tempted to name after a Skyrim dragon but since my other beardie was named from the movie How To Train Your Dragon (Toothless) I decided to keep with it and named her Stormfly.

First few weeks Toothless was a bit shy of eating now....not so much lol. Stormy is still getting used to her new place so shes in the shy stage also but it doesn't take long for them to move past that. :D
I love HTTYD so that probably would have been my other go-to thing for a name!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom