Beardie nails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Hi everyone!

I'm having a issue and i wanted to see if anyone else had this issue and if they did how did you fix it.

Bobble is so active he paces his viv and trys to get out during the day here and there. Hes great at escaping. He heads strait for the girls vivs. Puberty has hit for sure :shock: Over the last few months his nails have been getting shorter and shorter. He has a 1/2 tile and 1/2 shelf liner (non sticky kind) viv. His front nails are shorter than the back ones. I dont want them to get to the nub or end up wearing them down intill they bleed :( Hes a very active boy. He cant see any other beardies from his viv.

Thanks for any imput you may have :D

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Christy... that Bobble is a crazy one, isn't he? :wink:
I have not experienced this before, but thought I would make a suggestion. The only thing I can think of is to take the tile out of his viv. I assume that is what's keeping his nails so nicely filed down. Maybe you could put shelf liner throughout the whole viv and put a branch or log where he basks. That's all I could come up with. Maybe someone else will chime in with a great idea.
Good Luck!

causeascene203

Hatchling Member
Someone once posted a picture of their beardie's nails - they were filed down really short from running around all crazy-like on tile, too. I think that person ended up removing the tiles, but I can't remember for certain.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
He has a big branch he basks on and rocks under it. He wears them off at the front of his viv. I'm going to pick up some extra shelf liner and double it at the front over the tile. Hes in the middle viv so his floor gets warmer from the viv below. I use the tile and shelf liner as a buffer. When he learned how to escape a few times thats what he wants to do all the time. So when hes not eating and basking hes trying to escape lol His lighting and temps are perfect and he dosnt poo usually in his viv so hes not trying to get out to get away from anything. He just knows where the chick are and he plans on getting to them any way possible. Gotta love males lol

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom