Beardie Morning Breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I know I had asked this before, but since there'd been so many new members, I thought I'd ask again.

Does your beardie lick his/her lips when he/she wakes up in the morning (only mornings), as if he/she has pastey morning breath? :bleick:
Mine does, every morning, shortly after he opens his eyes and lifts up his head. Some days are worse than others, meaning more licking.

So, is Pookie just strange (yeah yeah, I know the answer to that one) or are there others out there with the same behavior?? :dontknow:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Gina...you nut! :lol:

Only you would think a beardie has pastey morning breath. I guess anything's possible(especially with one of your kids :p )

To answer your question... sorry, no pastey mouth beardies at my house(I do have a pastey mouth husband though)
Rex does stretch her beard in the morning, but no licky, licky on the lips. :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
gulfbrzdawn":5e34b said:
Gina...you nut! :lol:

Only you would think a beardie has pastey morning breath. I guess anything's possible(especially with one of your kids :p )

To answer your question... sorry, no pastey mouth beardies at my house(I do have a pastey mouth husband though)
Rex does stretch her beard in the morning, but no licky, licky on the lips. :D
Yeah, leave it up to me to have a 'strange' beardie.
I'll have to videotape him doing that one day, just to prove that I'm not crazy (well, not THAT crazy).

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Cam has goop on her lips in the morning, and its not from vomiting. It looks like dried, goopy saliva! I have to wipe her highness's face every day.

Speaking of bad beardie breath... one of Jasper's favourite treats was fresh chives. I let him have them every now and then, and my God... the breath on that lizard! It's about as close to fire-breathing as I ever wanted him to get! :lol:

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
I guess it would be better to smell "chive" breath than "worm" or "cricket" breath :bleick:

I just realized that the whole time I was typing I had my face in a scrunched up "that's disgusting" type way. How funny.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
spurlee01":a8ccb said:
I don't think I've ever seen Lilly wake up :oops:

Aww..... Sara, you are so missing out. You mean your beardie gets no "Good Morning Sunshine!" from her mommy?!
Poor, Poor Lilly :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm just kidding. They really are sweet looking when they first wake up.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
gulfbrzdawn":77ab8 said:
spurlee01":77ab8 said:
I don't think I've ever seen Lilly wake up :oops:

Aww..... Sara, you are so missing out. You mean your beardie gets no "Good Morning Sunshine!" from her mommy?!
Poor, Poor Lilly :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm just kidding. They really are sweet looking when they first wake up.

Well, she gets up at 7:40 AM and I am usually either already gone or still asleep lol (college sleep schedule). When I peeped in at her at 6:30 before I left yesterday, she was already awake. .... You know what, I have seen her wake up. Every darn time I turn a light on in the room. And that is very not cute lol. And don't worry she gets a "Good morning beautiful!"

Chryss

Hatchling Member
I only get to see Alvin wake up on the weekends as I don't have his light come on until 9:30 am so that it can stay on late enough in the evening for me to enjoy being with him. The times I get to see him wake up, he does not lick his lips. He will yawn a few times and stretch out his beard. He is also a bit grouchy (gives me the eye) in the morning. He will still let me snuggle with him though until he gets warmed up :) Then he wants to eat some vegies. :)

milo033

I don't want to worry you too much but you make want to get your beardie checked for a respiratory infection. Maybe post this in the "health" or "ER" section. If there is an infection there is a better chance for curing if you catch it early.

Mike

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
milo033":b6e64 said:
I don't want to worry you too much but you make want to get your beardie checked for a respiratory infection. Maybe post this in the "health" or "ER" section. If there is an infection there is a better chance for curing if you catch it early.

Mike
Who are you referring to?

milo033

Didn't thoroughly read your original post, my bad. I assumed you were taking about stinky breath and didn't see you said "...as if..." :)

Mike

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Very rare when I see Digger get up, I usually take him out of his cat carrier between 4:30-5AM and he is already up :( I used to see him lick his lips and stretch his beard early, but the hubby says that sometimes he sees him do that around 9, 10AM, so I always miss it when I'm at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom