beardie leaking water and stopped breathing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amber31190

Hatchling Member
so i believe i posted somthing earlier about my sully after a bath not trowing up but letting all the water in her mouth out, well she did it tonight and before i got advice to turn her up a little, i did this and it seemed she stopped breathing, i opened here mouth and she bit me and was fine, tank is 40 breeder temps are usally 100-105, bathed 2-3 times a week and misted twicew a day, i know im not bathing her to much, cause when i spray here she runs to were the water is and licks, were as before she closed her eyes and raised her body. not in greatest finaces, and my local rep vet i belive is not the greatest i called her and she wont tell me nodda unless i take her for a 50.00 visit, and thats if nothing wrong.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I would not give anymore baths if she continues to swallow water in that manner almost choking.
Are you misting her in her tank? That is not recommended because it increases the humidity in the tank too much & can contribute to mold & mildew inside of the tank.
How is her breathing this evening? Is her beard black right now?

Tracie

Amber31190

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ill check on here beard when i get home, as i left this morning she looks the same, actually she was fine last night after the inccident, and misting to be honest i mist her, for about 3 seconds, not the cage, and she licked what got around her, sorry i made it sound like i misted whole cage,

Amber31190

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
her bread has always been a little black but its not all over her face or anything. shes acting fine now but i just dont know what to do.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is she doing this afternoon? Her beard is a little dark?
Well, it is a better idea to take her out of the tank before misting her. It just keeps the tank a little drier than misting her inside of the tank, that's all.
How is her appetite?
What type of lighting do you use right now, are you using any UVB lighting currently? If so, what type & brand is it, a fluorescent tube bulb or a compact/coil light?
What are the temperatures in the tank, & what type of thermometer do you use to measure the temperatures with?

Tracie

Amber31190

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
she is fine a little dark, she is eating alright, i moved her to my new house, though im ruling out stress, casue she did this before well without the whole not breathing thing, anyway, light is solor glo 125 muv, still good only like 5 months old, warm side stays 90-95, using acurite with temp gun

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What size tank is she in and what is the distance of the MVB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom