Beardie laying too many eggs?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, just a question for y'all
my beardie has laid two clutches of infertile eggs, and she looks and is acting like she's gearing up for another clutch... i read before that beardies that haven't been bred should only have one clutch of eggs.. is this something i should be worried about? is there anything i can do for her?
she is about 3 years old, and her first clutch there were 14 eggs, and her second there were about 19 or 20...
she is digging like crazy right now, but she won't dig in the laybox i have made for her. she's also really aggressive, and this is exactly what happened with the other clutches...
thanks for your help in advance!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is quite a few eggs, I agree! However, they are notorious for laying a lot of infertile eggs. Usually they lay anywhere from 1-3 clutches, a few weeks to a month apart.
Are you giving extra calcium right now to ensure her bones will stay strong?
Keep a close eye on her fat pads, to be sure she stays hydrated, poor girl.
Other than keeping her hydrated & being sure she eats there isn't much else you can do. I do
think that she will be fine though.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom