Beardie landing on his back

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilith13

Hello, everyone here was so amazing when Quagmire was sick! Thank you. He's doing much better but I have noticed some strange behavior that I hadnt previously seen him exhibit. He seems to, either when climbing down off his little bridge or chasing after the crickets wind up on his back or side and will just stay like that. He doesnt seem to know how to right himself. Is this a symptom of aging or could one of his feet he hurt? :dontknow:

--lilith13
90997-6468112543.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh my, that really is a contorted position ! How old is he ? What exact type + brand lights do you have and what type of supplements do you give him ? It may be a complication of old age [ if he's very old ] or may be a severe calcium or B vitamin deficiency. His tail looks very thin there too.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I think this is likely neurological due to his past and likely a permanent condition , may be due to a viral infection.

I would not have a water dish in his viv , if he flips and winds up upside down in it and is unable to right himself he will wind up drowning in the water dish.

I would remove all unnecessary opportunities for climbing.

lilith13

Original Poster
Oh dear! I don't want to take away his perch, but the water I guess I could remove. :(

--lilith13

lilith13

Original Poster
I don't know if I recall the brand the lights are. He does have a heat lamb and a uvb. Lately I don't turn the heat all the way off ever, so he stays warm at night too. (it has a dial) we never were too sure on his age because he was full grown when he came to us. That was about 5 years ago. He's been eating good and is more active since we started the multivitamins. (Rep-Cal Herpavite)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom